Genuine. The original PURE hop oil.
Hopzoil™ is the pure essential oil made only from fresh, wet hops and steam-distilled right out of the field at harvest time. Using this proprietary process, we are able to capture all of the fresh, intense, essential oils found only in fresh hops, leaving all the biomass behind
PURE. No Synthetics.
FRESH. Never dried or processed.
INTENSE. A little goes a long way.
Tired of yield losses on heavily hopped beer?
Dry-hopping can be frustrating and expensive. Brewers have learned that by using Hopzoil, they can reduce filtration losses, along with reduced labor, freight, and storage costs, and increase yield and aroma, leading to more profit out of every batch of beer brewed.
Brewers tell us… “this is the future”.
Think of it as liquid dry-hopping.
Brewers who have either partially or fully substituted their dry-hopping with pellets for Hopzoil™, have reported increased yield and profit with each batch. Brewers report average yield gains of 5% to 30% or more.
That’s a lot of free beer.
In addition, reduced freight and storage costs, increased shelf-life and ease-of-use advantages all impact your bottom line, along with an increase in throughput, from reduced dry-hopping time.
American hop-forward beer flavors typically “drop off a cliff” at 60-90 days. Tests are showing that using Hopzoil extends hop flavor shelf life in beer by a factor of three to five times. Hop aroma and flavor drop-off is mitigated by using as little as 2 ml/BBL added to bright beer.
- Keep your serving tanks fresh longer.
- Eliminate out-of-date beer buybacks from Distributors.
The shelf life of Hopzoil in the bulk container is five years…typically a longer shelf life than pellets.
Eliminate hop creep & hop burn
Retain all the bitterness that is normally stripped during dry-hopping incremental fermentation. Solving DO2, re-attenuation, and diacetyl issues are all key advantages of Hopzoil. The MBAA Technical Report (Q3 2016) concludes that pure hop oil does not affect IBU test results.
Add Intense “Fresh-Hop” Aroma
Hopzoil™ provides an intense freshness that cannot be replicated with dried processed hops. The result captures the complex “fresh hop” aroma and flavor… that you can use year-round.
Hopzoil Checks all the Boxes
√ Intense, aromatic Hop Aroma and Flavor
- Continued flavor “bloom” 24-48 hours after dosing, even in package
√ Easy one-step addition
- Ready-to-use out of the container. No prepping needed. No ethanol.
- Predictable and consistent dosing
- Micro-accuracy for reducing dosing variances
√ Eliminate “Hop Creep”
- Reduce bittering/IBU stripping
- Eliminate unpredictable, dry-hop-induced diacetyl formation
- Eliminate “hop burn”
- Eliminate over-pressurization due to increased CO2—a safety risk
- Eliminate need for extended cellaring, thereby freeing up tank space
- Eliminate green biomass, which leads to Hop Creep in the first place
√ Significantly extend Shelf-life in Hop-forward beers
- 3-6 times longer shelf-life in hop-forward beers, like IPAs
- Eliminate costly buy-backs of expired beer from distributors
- Stays emulsified up to 12 months in packaged beer
√ R&D Advantages
- Ease of blending different oil varieties for your own proprietary sensory profiles
- Reduce “test batch” turnaround time from days to hours
√ Processing gains: More Revenue per Batch, for a better Bottom Line
- Reduce filtration losses, increase yield per batch
- Completely eliminates on-site ethanol emulsification step from PURE version
- Reduced kettle time vs. dry-hopping with pellets
- Instant tank-dosing to carbonation to packaging. Pack out immediately after carb.
- Quick and easy cleanup. Wipes clean with water.
- Increase throughput; faster turnover of batches, efficient asset use
- Brewing efficiency: Create multiple beers from one foundation base
- Reduce hop pellet bill per batch
- Bulk Hopzoil shelf life in container is at least 5 years!
√ Reduce shipping and freezer storage costs
- A fraction of the shipping cost compared to a pallet of processed hops
- Reduce freezer storage space requirements
- Storage is at room temperature
√ A Differentiation for Craft brewers
√ Reduce carbon footprint; adds Sustainability
- No fossil fuels for drying hops and fewer fossil fuels for transport
- Lower energy costs for storage
√ TTB approved ingredient for all Malt Beverages
Uniquely different among hop extracts
We start with a different raw ingredient… Fresh hops, which are available only at harvest time, right out of the field. Hopzoil™ does not use dried, processed hops. Fresh hops contain all the volatile, most aromatic oils, captured at the peak of freshness, and you can’t get any more fresh than this.
All brewers know that heat volatizes and evaporates these most aromatic of hop oils. You can’t put back into a raw ingredient what has been taken out during drying or processing. It’s made using our Proprietary Process.
We use a different extraction process
Hopzoil™ takes fresh hops, and steam-distills them, right on the farm. We use pure steam, rather than a CO2 or other solvent-based extract process. This process allows us to capture “freshness” of fresh hops, retaining the intensely complex floral, citrus, tropical fruit and piney aromas, similar to what you would expect in any given variety, but more intense.
The result is very different
Hopzoil™ provides an intense freshness and sensory impact that cannot be replicated with dried processed hops.
- More Revenue with Every Batch
- Reduce Costs
- Shipping, storage space, no freezer storage
- Easy Dosing
- Increase your Sustainable Profile